The Sky Bet Championship has now surpassed the half-way point and has now entered the new year. Twenty-six games have been played in the league campaign and the Owls sit firmly just below mid-table.
Below are my picks as the most interesting and insightful statistics from the 2017/18 league term this far.
- Wednesday average 51.4% possession per game with a pass accuracy of 76.9%
- The Owls average 12.2 shots per game, consequently leading to 1.2 goals per game
- Gary Hooper is still the leading scorer with 10 goals in the league to date, 33% of Sheffield Wednesday’s overall team goals.
- Adam Reach has provided the most assists with 6
- Both Glenn Loovens and Morgan Fox are the only players to receive red cards this campaign
- Joost van Aken, Ross Wallace and Kieran Lee are all sat on 4 bookings for the campaign
- Adam Reach is the only player to start and play in all 26 of Wednesday’s league outings this season. He has played 2340 minutes of football.
- Jacob Butterfield has the highest pass accuracy in the Sheffield Wednesday squad with 89.5%
- Tom Lees wins the most aerials per game with 4.8
- Steven Fletcher averages the most shots per game in the Owls squad with 1.9. Interestingly, however, Derby County loanee Sam Winnall averages 3 per game, at least 1.1 more than any other Wednesday player.
- Adam Reach makes the most key passes per game with 1.5
- Ross Wallace averages the most crosses with 1.5 also, whereas Barry Bannan makes the most long balls (4.7 average per game) for an outfield player
- Steven Fletcher has headed the most attempts at goal off target than any other player the Championship (13)
- Sheffield Wednesday are currently sat 15 points worse off as they were at the same stage last season, 12 points the previous year and 7 points worse off the year Stuart Gray charge of Sheffield Wednesday
- The average minute when the Owls score is the 48"
- The average minute Wednesday concede is the 52"
- Sheffield Wednesday have conceded at least 1 goal in 85% of their home matches
- Sheffield Wednesday have now lost 3 consecutive home matches for the first time since 2012
- 32% of Wednesday’s conceded goals occur after the 75th minute
- The Owls have scored most of their goals between the 61-75 minute time period (6)
- Sheffield Wednesday’s average leading time is 21.9 minutes, 41.3 minutes level and 26.7 trailing
You can follow all of my Sheffield Wednesday Statistics on Twitter @LouisShackshaft or by following the #SWFCSTATS hashtag
Thanks for reading WAWAW